Plan: Brad Hudson's marathon level 3 plan. It is a 24 week plan ranging from 56 to 87 miles. I also used this plan for the 2009 Illinios marathon. I thought that all in all training went well. Last year I was helping Lori, my wife, prepare for the St. Louis Marathon and helped her with her long runs. That really wore me down. This year I felt like I was able to tolerate the faster paced work much easier, but I really needed to use the final 2 or 3 weeks to recover from a lot of aches and pains.
Tune Up Races: I did three tune up races during my plan. I did a half marathon in Forest Park in January in 1:30:51. I did a hilly 5 miles in University City in february in 32:03. Then another hilly 10 miles in 1:05:25 at McKendree in March. I did all of them with just one easy day prior, usually an easy 6 miles. These results indicated that I was probably ready to run a marathon just above 3 hours, perhaps just under with a perfect peak and an ideal race.
Monday, April 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment